Pathways to Germany Part1 Job-seekers

This entry is part 1 of 4 in the series Pathways to Germany

You have a recognized or comparable university degree? You want to work and live in Germany, you want to seek employment here and you can prove sufficient financial means?
In this case you can entry Germany and reside here. However, administrative work is to be done as well.

What do I need to do before going to Germany?
Generally, you should find out about special and intergovernmental agreements between your country and Germany. Make an appointment at the German embassy in your country and apply for a visa (if necessary). Bear in mind long waiting times for appointments and processing time for the visa! The visa is valid for 1-3 months.

What do I need to do once I entered Germany?
After having entered Germany it is of utmost importance to register with the municipality of the city. This is a condition to register the with foreign nationals’ registration authority, which is responsible for you in Germany.

They tell you which documents you need in order to apply for a residence permit and you apply here for the residence permit.

Handy hints:
– make appointments early in time in order to circumvent long waiting times and delays.
– in order to facilitate and accelerate the process you can inform yourself about the forms you need online at various platforms such as gohelp.y. You can print all forms and checklists at home and take them with you for your appointment.

Series NavigationPathways to Germany – Part2 Employees >>